2023 RB3 Baseball Tournaments Rules
Double Elimination, No "If Necessary" Championship
Game Length-1 Hour Game Time or 5 innings.
Game Guarantee- 3
Mercy Rule- No Game Mercy Rule
Umpires- One Umpire per Field. Wheel/Coach Pitch $15 per game from each team. Live $20 per game from each team.
Game Length- 8U Wheel/CP: 1-Hour 15Min. 9U-10U 1-Hour 30Min. 11U-12U 1-Hour 40 MIn.
Game Guarantee- 2
Mercy Rule- 20 runs after 2innings, 15 runs after 3 innings, 10 runs after 4 innings
Umpires- One Umpire per Field. Wheel/Coach Pitch $20 per game from each team.
Live $25 per game from each team.
RB3 Sports: General Baseball Rules
NFHS Rules enforced with the following exceptions. RB3 Sports, LLC reserves the right to make alterations to the rules at any point.
For Pay-At-The-Plate events, teams are responsible for providing payment to each umpire, at the home plate meeting before game time. Failure to pay umpire will result in a forfeit by the non-paying team. See the event details for Pay-At-The-Plate cost, subject to change event to event. Contact a tournament director for more details and further questions.
2. Field Specifications
8U -- 60" Bases -- 46" Mound
9U -- 65" Bases -- 46" Mound
10U -- 65" Bases -- 46" Mound
11U -- 65" Bases -- 50" Mound
12U -- 65" Bases -- 50" Mound
Scoring and the tracking of a pitcher's inning count will be done by the home plate umpire and the official score signed off on. A representative from the home team will operate the scoreboard.
Pitchers are allowed 18 outs for the day. Upon the notice of a violation the pitcher must be replaced immediately, this is not a forfeit.
2 Mound Trips per Game.
There will be no "1st to 3rd" move, under USSSA Rules it is a balk.
5. Extra Innings
All pool play and bracket games cannot end in a tie. If a game completes regulation and the score is tied, we will start with last batted out as the runner on second base and 1 out.
The clock will begin upon first pitch of the game, the next inning begins upon the third out of the bottom half of the inning being recorded. Time is kept by the home plate umpire. NO DROP DEAD, if an inning was started it will be completed.
It is expected that all teams have their own insurance and are able to provided proof of insurance at any point.
All players should be listed on the official roster prior to the first game. For RB3 Sports events players may not be added to a roster after the first game. If a player is listed on more than one roster, the player listed will make a decision as to which roster, he is legally on. This decision is up to the individual player. No player can appear in a tournament game for more than one team. If there are multiple events (events defined as ages or classifications within a weekend grouping) going on at one time players are permitted to play for one team in each event if so desired; pitching limitations still apply to the player. Age divisions within a tournament count as separate events. The team’s manager is responsible for all aspects of the eligibility of the players on his team and that they meet the requirements. A player who is in violation of the age eligibility shall be considered an illegal player. If anytime during a tournament game, a player is discovered illegal due to an age violation or participating on more than one team in the same tournament, the team is subject to forfeit. The first team a player participates for is their official team.
Coaches are expected to have a hard copy of all active players birth certificates available at all times.
• You may bat 9,10,11 players or your roster.
• You must declare at the start of the game, and once the first pitch has been thrown the lineup is locked, and the number of batters may not be changed.
• May start game with 8 players, 9th player spot is an out when he comes up in lineup.
• DH Allowed
• The 10th and 11th hitter if used will be designated as an EH and XH on the lineup card.
• The EH and XH may bat at any spot in the order.
• The EH and XH is the same as any position on the field as far as substitutions are concerned.
• Team can bat its entire lineup.
Roster Batting Rules
• Batter: If a batter cannot fulfill his time at bat due to injury or illness, that player will be eliminated from that entire game. His spot in the batting order will be an automatic out each time.
• Runner: If a runner cannot continue his time on the bases, that player will be substituted under the Courtesy Runner rule for Roster Batting. He will not be allowed to participate in the remainder of the game. His spot will be an automatic out.
Ejection or Injury
• A player ejected while roster batting will result in the team losing that player for the entire game. His spot in the batting order WILL BE AN AUTOMATIC OUT EACH TIME.
Courtesy Runner – Roster Batting
• The last batter not on base. If the last batter not on base is unavailable (i.e., he is the catcher or pitcher), the designated runner will roll back until such time as a possible substitute can be found.
Metal cleats cannot be worn for divisions 12U and younger. Any player catching must wear all necessary protective gear including a catcher’s helmet with a facemask, throat guard (separately attached or built-in), chest protector, shin/leg guards, and an athletic supporter.
Note: Players in 12U and younger divisions must wear a catcher’s helmet that fully covers both ears.
Teams are required to provide their own bats that meet all guidelines, RB3 Sports and its umpires are not responsible for inspecting bats and other equipment.
1st violation – Batter is pronounced out (if discovered before a pitch to next batter) & head coach is restricted to the dugout for the remainder of the game.
2nd violation (Same Game) – Batter is pronounced out (if discovered before a pitch to next batter) and the head coach is ejected.
Subsequent violations: the batter is pronounced out (if discovered before a pitch to next batter) and the head coach is ejected. When a batter is pronounced out for violation of bat rules, the defense may take the penalty or result of the play. The head coach penalties apply in either case.
Metal/Composite bat. All bats must have a branding, label, or stamp proving BPF 1.15.USABat, BBCOR and Wood bats are also allowed.
At any point, an RB3 Sports Director may request to inspect a bat that is at a RB3 Sports sanctioned event. If the owner/user refuses to allow the requesting body to inspect the
bat the owner/user accepts an automatic one-year suspension from RB3 Sports sanctioned events. Alternatively, the owner/user can allow the bat to be inspected so a conclusion can be formed as to whether the bat was altered. The owner/user of the bat has the responsibility of having knowledge of whether a bat is altered. DAMAGED, WORN, OR ILLEGAL SUBSTANCE ON BATS:
1. Bats that are damaged in any way, including but not limited to cracked, warped, missing a knob/cap, having a rattle, etc. are not legal for Legacy Sports sanctioned events.
2. Bats may not have any certifying markings or graphics worn off the bat.
3. Bats that have certifying or identifying markings worn off the bat shall be removed from play.
4. No substance shall be added to the bat barrel. The barrel of the bat and all identifying marks or graphics shall be free of any foreign obstruction. If a foreign substance is discovered as
being used or identifying marks on the bat are not visible the bat shall be removed from play.
12. Courtesy Runners
Courtesy runners can be used for the Pitcher and Catcher at any time but must be a VALID SUBSTITUTE. In addition, the same substitute CANNOT run for more than one position (Pitcher or Catcher) in the same game. Additionally, if a team is batting their entire lineup, the courtesy runner will be the last batter not on base. If the last batter not on base is unavailable (i.e., he is the catcher or pitcher), the designated runner will roll back until such time as a possible substitute can be found.
13. Rain Outs
In the event the tournament, or any part of it, is canceled due to rain, fees paid for the tournament shall be treated as follows:
1) If team finishes 2 full games, no refunds or credits shall be issued.
2) If team finishes 1 full game, team shall be issued a credit to the next RB3 Sports event they choose to attend or a 50% refund.
3) If event is completely rained out, tournament fee shall be refunded.
**Gate fees are non refundable.**
14. Director Rights
Directors reserve the right to adjust game lengths to benefit the event. Directors will rule in the fairest way possible.
Any rule not listed in this NFHS of this rulebook, the tournament director will seek to make the most fair decision in ruling.
15. Special Notes
Seeding is selected at random by computer program.
No, bunts or steals in 8U.
A legal slide can be either feet first or head first. If a runner slides feet first, at least one leg and buttock shall be on the ground prior to contact with the fielder. If a runner slides head first, the runner’s arm/arms and torso must be on the ground prior to contact with the fielder.